Attorney at Law
Jeffrey Tew is a partner in the law firm of Tew Cardenas LLP. Mr. Tew's practice includes trials in federal and state courts and governmental administrative investigations and related litigation.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Securities Litigation
- Corporate Governance Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Litigation
- Business Litigation
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Martindale- Hubbell "AV" Rated.
- Represented clients in securities cases (including class actions) in state and federal courts and arbitrations before the New York and American Stock Exchanges and the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc.
- Represented securities broker dealers and corporate officers and directors in United States Securities and Exchange Commission, State of Florida Division of Securities, and NASD investigations and related civil, criminal, and administrative actions.
- Represented shareholders in shareholder derivative actions.
- Defended officers and directors against shareholder claims of breach of fiduciary duty and contesting election of directors and corporate control.
- Conducted an investigation as special counsel to an audit committee of a corporation board of directors into allegations of violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represented persons in federal court charged with securities fraud, mail fraud, extortion, perjury, Medicare fraud, and bank fraud.
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Circuit Court for the 11th Judicial Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Bar Association Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities and Subcommittee on Civil Litigation and Enforcement Matters, Member
- Miami Rescue Mission, Inc. Board of Directors, Chairman