Joseph L. Rebak
Attorney at Law
Joseph L. Rebak is a partner who represents clients in all aspects of commercial disputes. Mr. Rebak has extensive litigation experience including contracts, business torts, real estate, banking, fiduciary duty, fraud, class action and unfair competition claims.
Mr. Rebak handles matters at the trial and appellate levels in both State and Federal courts. He is admitted to practice in Florida, including all Federal courts, the Supreme Court of the United States and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Tenth and Eleventh Circuits.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America.
- Selected to Florida Super Lawyers.
- Selected by peers as one of Florida Legal Elite as published by Florida Trend Magazine.
- Named one of the Top Lawyers in South Florida by Florida Trend Magazine.
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Rated.
MAJOR ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE:
- Representation of the developer of large condominium project in Miami Beach in numerous litigation matters, including litigation with the City of Miami Beach and litigation with adjoining property owners over development rights.
- Representation of the operator of fourteen nursing homes throughout the State of Florida in litigation with its landlord regarding issues arising under the operating leases including the propriety of Cost Reports, application of Medicaid Regulations to accounting principals, and insurance requirements.
- Representation of spanish language radio sydication in action against competition for violations of Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Representation of the developer of a forty-two story tower in litigation with adjoining property owners over density rights.
- Representation of the developer of a project in litigation with the former owners and environmental professionals regarding contamination discovered on the property.
- Representation of a public company and the chairman of its audit committee in defense of a securities class action.
- Representation of the special litigation committee of a public company in a derivative action.
- Representation of the independent directors of a public company in connection with SEC investigations.
Mr. Rebak has acted as lead counsel on several reported cases, including State, Dept. of Insurance v. Blackburn, 633 So. 2d 521 (Fla. 2d DCA 1994); Kelly v. State, Dept. of Ins., 597 So. 2d 900 (Fla. 3d DCA 1992); Golden Door Jewelry Creations, Inc. v. Lloyds Underwriters Non Marine Ass'n, 117 F.3d 1328 (11th Cir. 1997); South Florida Growers Ass'n, Inc. v. U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 554 F. Supp. 633 (S.D. Fla. 1982); In re Jalda, Inc., 38 B.R. 855 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 1984); Capitol Life Ins. Co. v. Gallagher, 47 F.3d 1178 (10th Cir. 1995). Litigation.